"My daughter's participation in the company has improved her dance skills, but more importantly, has greatly improved her confidence level in herself!"
BSOD Performance Program
BSOD's Performance Program is an elite training program geared towards dancers who LOVE to perform, LOVE to train and LOVE to experience what's possible outside of the Bluffton area.
Dancers in this program progress quickly in their dance training, in their memory and musicality and our favorite measures of growth are in their courage, confidence and accountability!
So what makes BSOD's Performance Program DIFFERENT than most dance school competition companies? Mindset. Our goals are clear and none of the goals involve trophies or tiaras.
The training at BSOD comes first - ALWAYS. We do not believe in rehearsing more than you take class, we do not believe in teaching tricks or just drilling the moves from your competition numbers. We follow a progressive curriculum that ties together all styles of dance and safely trains dancers for a healthy, long and dynamic dance career - whether they dance through High School or beyond! Our motto is "We Take the Stairs" and we live by it because there is not elevator to quality dance training.
We strive to provide BSOD dancers with the same opportunities as dancers who train in a city. From conventions to intensives we make sure parents know what possibilities are out there and we create time in the year to attend these events. PLUS, our dancers experience multiple performing opportunities each year and have a plethora of master teachers that come to Bluffton specifically to help train them. The BSOD Team curates an experience in the Performance Program that facilitates networking, opportunity and growth - with the focus being on LEARNING and BUILDING CONFIDENCE. Our dancers are well-equipped with strong networks, knowledge and work ethic to enter the "real world" once their time here is complete - whether that real world includes dance or not, as the lessons they learn through these opportunities cross into any discipline or profession.
Various Commitment Levels
Every family is unique in their ability to commit to elite dance training. Our program is an investment and so we are proud to offer various levels of investment for families that cannot commit to the full Travel Program. BSOD families are encouraged to determine the best Performance Program Level for their family's needs. Dancers will all receive access to our progressive curriculum, visiting instructors and competition/convention/intensive opportunities, no matter which level you commit to as a family.
10 More Reasons to Choose the BSOD Performance Program
- All-Inclusive Tuition; Parents are busy enough - they don't need to remember due dates, competition deadlines, etc. So we do all the legwork, total your year up and divide it into either 11 or 22 equal payments July - May. This helps your budget and your planner
- Focus is on Group Performance, just like in the real world; Solos, duos, trios are available and encouraged, but more as a learning tool, never as the focus
- Always Age-Appropriate; Sometimes the dance world can cross the line, but BSOD does not follow
- "PreHab" based conditioning; BSOD Team members are trained in multiple programs that help prevent dancer injuries and teach the dancers how to take care of their instrument
- Elite Teaching Staff; Both in-house and adjunct instructors are leaders in the industry for finding creative ways to get kids to reach their full potential - and in the safest way
- Visiting Instructors; BSOD's network is forever expanding, with teachers constantly traveling to Bluffton to work with our dancers. We only bring in teachers who can inspire and invest in our dancers - we NEVER bring in big names for the sake of their name
- College Prep and Guidance; The dance world is constantly growing and morphing and more dancers are going to college for dance than ever before. BSOD Faculty has thoroughly researched college programs and can help guid you and your dancer through the tricky turns of applications and auditions
- PreProfessional Training Programs; BSOD offers PreProfessional Training Programs for High School students - This trace helps give extra training to those who want dance as part of their future lives
- Organized Communication; As a separate program with a lot of opportunities, we know how important it is to be open and communicative. Dancers and Families receive weekly reminders and pay All-Inclusive Tuition to ease the stress of an intense commitment
- Extra Training; For dancers who want it, visiting and BSOD instructors offer Private lessons. In addition, BSOD students have joined Summer Intensives in non-nationals years and some assist on convention tours; Duos and trios are available to all ages in Lowcountry, Spotlight and Travel teams and Solos are available to all 9+ yr olds in Spotlight and Travel teams
Interested in learning more? Please contact the studio to receive full pricing and schedule information for each Program Level.