We know the last couple of months have been hard, and we’ve missed the amazing connection and #limegreenlove felt in our in-person classes! We are so unbelievably excited to welcome you back to the studio with our top priority being the health and safety of our students, staff, and families. We have gone through extraordinary lengths to create studio policies and procedures that allow us to socially dis-dance together!
We need our entire #limegreenfamily to work together to keep everyone safe! Before returning to classes and camps, we ask parents to complete our COVID Waiver (will be emailed) and a weekly BSOD Wellness Check. You can also read our Summer 2020 Protocols in more detail, which we have summarized below.
In order to safely welcome our kiddos back to the studio, we’ve implemented the following policies and procedures.
All studio policies are in accordance with local health authorities to keep our #dancefamily moving!
- BSOD lobby and hallways will be closed to ALL observers. With the exception of our Trial Classes, Tiny Tot and Broadway Babies families will be able to have ONE parent in the room for comfort, if the dancer needs it.
- Water fountains will be closed to our dancers and families. Only the water bottle refill station will be available for use.
- BSOD class sizes will be cut in half to accommodate the allowed number of people per 1000 sq feet.
– Studios 1 & 2 will allow 5-7 dancers (depending on their age & allowance of family)
– Studios 3 & 4 will allow 9-11 dancers (depending on age & style of dance)
– Studio 5 will allow 12-15 dancers (depending on age & style of dance)
- Class times will be staggered with breaks for cleaning. Teachers will be wiping down all areas, spraying disinfectant on carpeted walls, and steam cleaning the floors.
- Bathrooms, entryways, and hallways will be cleaned at the start of every class. Thank you Miss Marisa for everything you do!
When preparing your kiddo for class, please come to the studio ready with these policies in place.
- Masks are mandatory for Staff and any dancer age 8 and up before and after class. While actively dancing, dancers are not required to wear masks, but many are and they are ROCKING it!
- Please limit the number of items you bring to class: yourself, small dance bag (shoes/props), and your water bottle. Each student will have a designated space for their personal items.
- Students will not change – clothes or classrooms! Faculty will move rooms in between classes and students will wear the same dance attire.
All studio and class time policies will be in place for summer camps with some additional precautions to keep everyone safe and healthy!
- Please send labeled sunscreen with your camper for outdoor dance and activity time while rooms are being cleaned inside.
- Every child will have their own personal supply bin for crafts and activities. Prepare to get crafty!
- We will be limiting shoe changes for all camps, so please only send them with their labeled dance shoes: sneakers, ballet or jazz
- Camp performances will be held in our parking lot, if weather permits!
We understand that not everyone is comfortable returning to the studio just yet, so we’ve created virtual options for your kiddo to participate from home!
- Join our list of Virtual Dancers – we will be offering a limited number of Zoom classes this summer if there is a need/want for it.
- Register for a class/camp and dance from home with the use of our new Camera System & Zoom. Be sure to let us know in advance so we can get you set-up!
We know this is a lot of information, but BSOD is committed to the safety of our #limegreenfamily! This has been a difficult time for everyone, and we believe dance and our community will help up through. We’re going to have a blast social dis-dancing together because now more than ever we need each other. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We’re so excited to welcome you back to your studio home!